Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Sheryl Crow Kind of Day

This week of endings and approaching new beginnings feels like a huge shift for me.  I'm doing my best to go with the flow and stay in the NOW as I move intentionally through the next several days.

The energy that has been created around my decision to move to Lakeside is having a ripple effect in many areas:  I'm kicking long-standing habits (coffee and processed sugar), cleaning out closets, buying new clothes, getting a new hairstyle, changing my finances, saying good-bye to friends, forgoing my home garden and composting, re-structuring my relationships with Doug and Tanner...

Many a moment has found me overwhelmed and wanting to change my mind.  I am daily facing down demons of fear, mistrust, lack, uncertainty, and an overall sense of "this is too hard; this would all be much easier if I just decided to stay home".

And yet, the winds of change cannot be resisted.  They will get me one way or the other.

Might as well stop fighting and let go.

* * *

Here's the song that's been on my mind today.




Tell me in the comments how you're experiencing CHANGE these days.

Or ~ post the name of a song that has the word CHANGE in the title!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment