Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Guess Who Showed Up in My Garden?*

*Today's post is the 2nd in my series of Word Up! Wednesdays.

My word for the year is FREEDOM.   

* * * 

Last evening I sat quietly and listened to LoriLyn's Dreaming Gateway guided visualization.  She took me on a lovely journey through a doorway (which I saw as purple), into a garden (which was lush and green, located in my backyard), and over to a small pool.  In this pool, I was to see my reflection ~ my true self/soul looking back at me.  And as I gazed deeper into the water, some sense of my souls desire and purpose was to emerge.

Well,  I got nothin'.  Nothin' at all in the water.  It was black.  And I could barely make out my reflection.   I could not see myself or anything else in the water the way she was guiding me to do.
 
However, let's back track a minute and I'll tell you what I DID see!
(Thus, giving me the FREEDOM to witness and embrace the unexpected!)

Immediately beyond the purple doorway, I was welcomed by *radiant*warmth* and *sunshine*.  The specific types of plants were not as important as the fact that everything was lush and green.  There were flowers and vegetables, herbs and bird feeders, benches and a swing.

Then....there was Glinda.  You know, Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz.   SHE was in my garden!!!

Albeit,  a slightly more modern version of her ~ all dressed in blue ~ and frolicking about.

In the visualization, I WAS GLINDA!  I was the one in the blue dress, frolicking about, waving my magic wand over the other folks who were present.  (Adults & children, all seeming to have a good time.)  Everyone one was happy and smiling.

Now, this all seems rather silly, no?  Yeah, that's what I thought!

But since nothing else came to me through this dreaming gateway, I decided to go with it.  (Lorilyn was kind enough to point out that we might not 'see' anything ~ and it could be a good idea to sleep on it overnight and see if anything changed.)

As I awoke this morning ~ and started my coffee and journaling time ~ I decided to reflect back on the Glinda in my garden.

What does Glinda represent?

~magic
~healing
~lightness
~beauty
~delight
~kindness
~fun
~equanimity
(she waved her wand over everyone; no one was judged or excluded; everyone got their 'wish')
~someone concerned for my welfare 
~to help me find my way 'home' (back to myself)

WOW!!!  That's some powerful stuff!

(And, ultimately, ALL things I am needing (well, *craving* in my life right now.)


Interestingly enough, the Wikipedia entry about her says,

"She is the most powerful sorceress of Oz..."

"Glinda lives in a palace near the southern border of the Quadling Country, attended by fifty beautiful maidens from each country of Oz."

"She ultimately becomes the adult anchor in the Oz books, because she is never distracted or swayed, and always maintains absolute firmness of purpose - something that cannot be said for the other adult characters in the series such as the Wizard and the Shaggy Man or even the Good Witch of the North. They all fall short of Glinda's wisdom and resoluteness."


Photo from FanPop

 
So, there you have it!  My new 'avatar' is a version of Glinda in a blue dress with a magic wand ~ here to help me with claim my FREEDOM (power, healing, magic, goodness, light, warmth, sunshine, beauty...).

Needless to say, I'll be exploring this further in the days to come!



(Oh ~ and if you want to see the Wizard of Oz portion 
where Glinda shows up for the first time, click here.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This is so cool! Your garden sounds like an incredible, sparkly place! I just absolutely love this! Thank you for dreaming with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's neat! You're right - those are some very powerful characteristics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your word of the year! And what showed up in your garden!

    A juicy year is ahead for you, methinks. (Sorry I didn't comment earlier. I'm a wee bit behind in reading my Google Reader feeds.)

    ReplyDelete