Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Resurrection

The view from my window on Easter Sunday morning.


I feel as if I should start this post with, "Excuse me, Blogger, for I have sinned...it has been almost three months since my last blog post."

There....now that that's out of the way!  Whew!


I have been longing to blog again.  Truly.  But just haven't found adequate words or energy to contribute to this forum.  My life over these past several months has contained more than I am able to describe to you in words ~ and I just could not bring myself to show up here.

Now, though, I not only want to write, I *need* to write.  As many of you have experienced, the creativity we embrace and share is a valuable part of our healing journey.  And, wow, do I need it.

I keenly sense that emerging from this recent round of my darkness and adding to this blog home will help guide me through the next chapter of my Journey.

While there is much that could be written, I am still a bit guarded and uncertain about how to translate many of my experiences, emotions, lessons, and astonishments.  Therefore, I've decided to focus on gratitude.  It has saved my sanity and spirit on many recent days.  The power of it must never be underestimated.

And so, tomorrow will being my trek along the path of 40 Days of Gratitude.  Each day I will post something ~ a quote, a photo, a story (who knows!) ~ to represent the myriad ways that gratefulness still, and sometimes overwhelmingly, blesses my daily life.

I am glad to be showing up here again.  And I look forward to connecting with you, my kindred-spirit readers, as I explore where this gratitude chapter takes me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment