Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 1 ~ Flowers (2/365)



Today felt like a black and white day.  Weather here brought a blustery wind from the Northeast, some rain and much-welcomed cooler temperatures.  With gusts of 20+ mph, I knew trying to capture flowers outside might be more challenge than I wanted to face.

In addition, with the utterly devastating news of the shooting tragedy in Colorado, my spirit needed to stay in the safety and calm of my cozy home.  As a highly sensitive person (HSP), empath, and emotional intuitive, days of national shock and mourning like today take their toll on my Being.

I stayed in meditative, contemplative silence most of the day.  The cats seemed to reflect my mood and maintained a mellow, close presence throughout the late morning and afternoon.  When I looked over at Tanner sleeping peacefully curled up on the couch, I soon realized, "Hey!  There are flowers on my couch!"

Thus, the subject for today's image.

* * * * * * * * * 

It is in tribute to ALL those affected by horrific violence across the globe, I offer this photo, divine prayer, and beautiful video:


Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu

May all beings everywhere be happy and free.
And may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life
contribute in some way to that happiness
and to that freedom for all.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture, and though it is black and white it still seems somehow hopeful.

    I don't think I'll ever fully understand such senseless violence, but I hope one day it ceases. Lovely prayer your shared at the end. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete